Saturday, December 30, 2006

Que sera, sera....

Erik wants to know what I'm doing at worlds - though he doesn't put it quite as accusingly as that!

I'm at worlds to judge. I wanted to be here for Thailand's bid defence as I'm a DCA there next year. That means that when I take the "retirement position" that DCA seems to be, I'll only have spoken at two worlds (Singapore, UCD L&H B, Octos; Malaysia, King's Inns A, Quarters) and convened UCD Worlds 2006.

I did nearly end up speaking this year. After doing Cambridge with Jeremy Kinsella and Cork with Marguerite Carter, I REALLY wanted to speak. Unfortunately, my request didn't make it high enough up the waiting list to make it in. Que sera, sera!

4 comments:

Érik le Rouge said...

haha, I wasn't insinuating anything! I was under the imrpession you'd be speaking and wanted to see how you were doing. The others are lucky you're not speaking... I seem to remember a certain ironman round last year...

Mark Dowling said...

weird - I could have sworn you did Glasgow Worlds too and that I judged you in a round. Plainly Alzheimers is setting in.

Nothing matters said...

nope, definitely not, that was only my first year in UCD... so no worlds for me back then.

Sinead Laffan said...

Not that I'm not a fan of the Clawlor, but just before we go overboard on memories of that ironman, would I be mistaken in suggesting the motion had some "slight" resemblence to your thesis?!! By all means, correct me if I'm mistaken. Again, must I say, superb blogging; thanks again! S x