Saturday, December 30, 2006

Canadian Coca-Cola

As some of you may know, I am a self-confessed Coca-Cola addict. I'm currently in recovery, thanks to a strict regime enforced by my wonderful girlfriend Doireann (now a suffering blog widow - anyone who feels her pain, please comment in).

Well my recovery is not being helped by the size of the Canadian portions. A standard 500 ml bottle of coke is actually 591ml in this country. Now you gotta ask, how did they come up with the number 591ml - the best guess is when they changed to the metric system they kept the bottles the same. I can only imgaine the debate in the coke offices that day, bigger, smaller, stay the same. Oh the trials and tribulations of being a high earning coca-cola executive - they really have it tough!

1 comment:

Niall K said...

Ciaran, you are aware that Coke murders Trades Unionists in Latin America, right???? ;)